12 Month Limited Warranty
Warranty Scope & Eligibility
All Qiewa Scooters (“scooters”), are covered with a limited warranty against manufacturing defects for a period of one year (12 months), starting on the day the scooter is received by the customer. This limited warranty coverage is only applicable in the following conditions:
· Only the original purchaser (name listed on the shipping address) is entitled to the limited warranty coverage which commences on the day the scooter is received by the customer. The warranty period is terminated on the first day of the second year of ownership, or when the scooter is resold or transferred to another individual (warranty is by no means transferable under any circumstances).
· The limited warranty is only applicable to the list of covered components, which includes the following:
o Lithium ion battery
o Scooter stem
o LED lights
o Motor and motor hub
o LCD display and wiring
· The warranty is applicable for the following components only if defects are reported within the first 30 days or 10KM of use (whichever comes first):
o Brake callipers
o Brake discs
If the defect is not reported within this period, the components will not be covered by warranty. Instead, customers will be able to purchase spare parts at wholesale price and will be required to cover any associated shipping expenses.
Any defect report must include an image or video, proving the existence of the defect. When a defective component is reported and the Qiewa engineering team validates the existence of the defect, Qiewa will, in its sole discretion, either:
· Repair the defective component at an Qiewa service centre (labour included)
· Replace the defective component with a new component (free shipping and part included)
IT REMAINS THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE QIEWA ENGINEERING TEAM TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE CORE COMPONENT OR SCOOTER ARE DEFECTIVE AND IF THEY ARE COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY.
Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
· Normal wear and tear of any covered component
· The cost or shipping of another scooter box (owners responsibility to keep the original box or purchase a new box if needed due to replacement or repair)
· Damage or defects caused by negligence, improper assembly, modifications, accidents, misuse, improper tools, acts of god, failure to follow user manual/set up guides, water damage, improper cleaning solutions, improper maintenance (storage during winter for example), extreme/stunt driving, commercial use, unauthorized accessories, upgrades not sold by Qiewa
· Accessories or upgrades
· Screws, loss of screws, stripped screws due to over forcing
· Battery failures due to water damage, improper charging, power surges, after market chargers or lack of proper winter storage (75% battery capacity in room temperature)
· Unauthorized service centre repairs or parts will not be covered if damage, failure or loss occurs
· Any refunds or incurred costs such as Uber rides, public transportation, loss of time, consequential, special, punitive or incidental loss, damage to personal property
· Any product rusting, blemishes, loss of colour due to sun exposure over time of usage
· Any orders that have received a chargeback and that are currently under investigation (until the resolution is solved, warranty will be voided)
Additionally, please note that any forms of harassment or aggression towards Qiewa staff or Qiewa certified technicians will not be tolerated and may result in your warranty being voided.
QIEWA WILL NOT PROCEED WITH ASSISTANCE UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT RECEIVING A VIDEO OR IMAGE SHOWING THE CLAIMED DEFECT FIRST.
In order to effectively help you get the repair or replacement part needed, you must do the following:
1. Submit a repair request here. Our engineering team will review it and get back to you within one business day.
2. If the engineering team determines the component is in fact defective and needs replacement, they will send you the replacement part and written/video instructions on how to repair or replace the component.
If you do not feel comfortable or do not have the time to do the repair yourself, you may use one of our repair centres (labour will be free of charge). However, the customer will be responsible for the shipping cost, taxes and obtaining a scooter box if not still in possession of it. Customers may also deliver the scooter to the repair centre themselves if desired. Contact us to identify the location centre nearest to you.
To be clear, if your scooter faces a manufacturing defect after 30 days or 10km (whichever comes first), Qiewa will not replace the scooter with a new unit. Rest assured that Qiewa will cover the parts and provide instructions to get this back to safe/riding condition, but replacing the entire unit will not be an option.
THE SOLUTIONS ABOVE ARE QIEWA’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY MANUFACTURE CLAIM ON LIMITED WARRANTY. QIEWA IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES DURING THIS PROCESS, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.
Damage During Shipping
Qiewa offers the option to purchase additional shipping insurance to cover the value of your scooter in transit. Without that shipping insurance, any loss or damage during shipping is at the responsibility of the customer. Qiewa can assist with opening a claim against the courier for up to $100. If shipping insurance is purchased and the scooter arrives damaged, Qiewa will be able to replace your unit (upon verification from the customer support and engineering teams).
If your scooter does arrive damaged, please contact Qiewa and provide any images, documentation and proof within 10 days of receipt by submitting this form.
It is the customers responsibility to inspect the scooter for any damage upon receipt and to reach out to Qiewa immediately.
As a purchaser and owner of an electric scooter, we ask that all customers do their due diligence before purchasing a scooter to understand the maintenance needs required for these machines. Electric scooters will always require tightening screws, cleaning to avoid rust and squeaky brakes, proper winter storage. Our A-Team is always here to help if you have any questions regarding maintenance - we always rather you ask than try it yourself. We also kindly ask to always keep your scooter box with you (you may need a repair or maintenance in the future and boxes are expensive to ship).
If any portion of your order is missing or not correct (a missing accessory or incorrect scooter sent), please message our team within the first 14 business days of receipt to get a free replacement. Disclaimer: Important to note, if the accessory or scooter is used within those 14 business days, Qiewa will not be able to exchange the product for you but offer a refund to match the items received. For any questions or comments, our team is always here and happy to help (Qiewa.firstname.lastname@example.org).
What if my order is late?
Based on the product's page,we've announced the correct delivery time.
If it exceeds the delivery time range and was late within 30 days, we will discount $100USD
If the product was late and over more than 30 days,we will give a full refund.We will make a free shipping label. When the scooter is returned to our delivery address,a full refund will be given. (Buyers do not send the products back by yourselves. If the products are lost or stolen, we will not take any responsibility)
PS: The warranty time will only start after the buyer receives the scooter,not from the time of placing the order,the warranty time is not include the delivery time.